Sunday

obsessions pt.2

Whoa... alright. I don't know about you guys, but I'm seriously reevaluating my life right now. Some of those jabs gave me emotional shiners. Looks like my Twilight obsession will have to take a back seat to... to... Oh, I just can't! How could I possibly get this face out of my mind?!

Am I right ladies?!

Ok, that's enough. gross. I'm sorry. Now I feel sticky, and super mommy.
I was at D.I. the other day, and the woman in front of me at the checkout had a stack of books, the top of which was entitled "I want a Texas Ranger" and it had a picture of a cowboy with his shirt off. Blech! that gives me the jibblies!... a-jibbly-jibbly-jibbly... She was even wearing a wedding ring! how can anyone even justify that? I don't care how much you want a Texas Ranger, if his name ain't Walker, there's no excuse. Besides, he would never stoop to the level of romance novels. Trust me, we're buddies. he told me... and then he ripped a romance novel in half. through the pages.

What's funny to me is when people talk about their obsessions as if they're proud of them:
"no seriously, if I don't have my Diet Coke, I'm such a grumpy-head, like all day. it's so funny!"
...you know who you are.

Well done, Chris! No punches held.

I'll close with my obsession confession. It might be healthy for you to do the same in the comments.
-I am obsessed with dinosaurs. Sometimes I neglect real people because I feel like all I need are my Dino-buddies. Recognizing the problem is the first step. take it with me.

Your real-life buddy,
-Alex

9 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with blogs; fashion, design, family, religious, travel...

    And now shark bandages.
    thanks a lot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll confess another just for fun: ...wii golf! There. I said it... Phewf! It's kind of liberating, actually. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like in Nemo, when the sharks give up their obsession(addiction?)and choose to make their fellow prey their friends. I will also give up...wait a minute...can you really make your absession your friend??!! :-0 Think about it!! (Shark points...ha.ha.ha.)

    Posted by a thoughtful 12 year old, (jab)
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urban Dictionary: Absession -The state of being very obsessed with having the perfect look of abs and waist area.

    So, my thoughtful and precocious little neighbor, apparently you can make Absession your friend. But you might make a few bro friends while you are at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she just didn't want to differentiate between obsession and addiction. I thought it very diplomatic. Caroline, you don't have to let your friends(or your older brothers) take advantage of you , so yes your past obsessions can be your present friends, just not bff's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. obsession confession: brushing my teeth,looking at peoples teeth when they talk to me, sharing twin size beds with carlie p., baking, and eating what i bake. oh right, and also alexander j. hale. there! i said it! phewf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think instead of confessing an obsession of mine, I’m going to simply state that I need an obsession…or an “Absession” as it has been appropriately deemed…now before anyone judges me too harshly, I will defend myself by saying that summer is soon upon us and if something is not done, and soon, I am bound to feel the heart wrenching feelings of shame. Obsession and “Absessions” may be some of the human instincts that we must overcome, but for the time being, I am going to embrace the inevitable and succumb to my selfish desires.
    50,000 shark points to me from D and 1 shark point for every additional comment on this blog. I now have a running total of 50,002 shark-points. I figure I need as many as I can get in order to ward off any possible shark attacks this summer.
    I urge everyone to stock up soon(baby seal leather boots help as well)…life is too dangerous with out copious amounts of shark-points to protect us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all for keeping me up to date on the latest updates in the dictionary. Alex-I would never let my older friends(big brothers) take advantage of me...for you see, because of my witty self being and how devious I can be, I am the one they should watch out for... ;)
    Shark Points to all,
    Caroline
    P.S. I promise my "absessions" will never enter the BFF stage.

    ReplyDelete